lördag 17 maj 2008

New pants and booties (wtf mohsart modebloggar???)

(Actually no booties, sorry if I tricked you into reading this. Just couldn't resist...)

Those of you who knows me know that I like my pants. It does happen that I wear other ones but that's usually only when I wash my favorite ones.
I couldn't live without side pockets and the loose military model and really nice quality, well I haven't found any other pants I like more.

I don't remember when I bought my old pants, but I remember that I was painting a new gate for my summer-house in 2003 and got some stains on the left knee, and they weren't new then.
Last year, when I was in Bratislava, I used the thread and needle in the hotel room to fix a seam that was coming apart, and the zipper broke a couple of years ago so I replaced it with buttons .

It was when the zipper broke that I started looking for the store where I once bought them, to buy a new pair.
I don't know why, but I was really sure that the store was around Odenplan, so I spent quite a few days looking for it there. When I couldn't find it I simply removed the broken zipper and made a button-fly from some cloth taken from shorts that had become too small and the buttons from the back pockets.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Västerås to play the Swedish Championship in Go.
I arrived late to the central station, so I had some time over waiting for the next train that I didn't know what to do with.
So I walked around a bit and suddenly I found it. The store that I had been looking for!

It was closed then, but yesterday I went there and bought a pair. They had actually improved the model, no zipper but a button-fly from the start. I pondered about buying more than one pair, but decided not to.
They cost me 545:- (around €54), and though it's more than I usually put on clothes, I think it's a bargain.

Inga kommentarer: