söndag 6 juli 2008

Walking, but not on silk street

These pictures probably appears in the wrong order, but who cares. I'm glad I finally managed to upload them from my piece of shit old as hell thinkpad with a broken fan.
At the moment I have two bottles of allmost frozen water underneath it to keep it going...
Rear entrance to the forbidden city.
The following pictures are from the Hutongs north-east and north-west of the forbidden city. My guess is that those Hutongs are the only ones that will survive in the end.

Another picture of the electricity wireings, or whatever it's called...




So the thing was, me and eq was supposed to visit Silk Street, the big rip off tourists big time market, a five or so storey building that I've been to maybe 10 times before.
I double checked with Meijing what subway station to get of at, but apparantly I had gotten off at another one on my previous visits, cause I was totally lost and did not find it.
eq was tired and couldn't really handle the heat, so she took a taxi back home, which in itself is a interesting story since there was a minor accident which forced her to change cabs and well, it seems that Beijing taxi drivers are totally, and I mean totally, incapable to read maps.
Anyhow, I walked around in the Hutongs for around four hours in 40 degrees heat and sunshine, finally ended up at the bookstore and got some more go books and a couple of T-shirts.
That was yesterday, today I slept til noon and then beat Carlos in one and a half games, and a half because I sort of won two, but then he made a undo and won that one.
Now, I better post this before my computer blue screens on me again. See ya

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

What is a Hutong? And by the way, to me it seems that the correct term is "electricity weirdings". Oh, I´m soo funny

mohsart sa...

Hutong is the traditional kind of houses, it litterary means "narrow alley" or something like that, or "gränd" in Swedish.

Anonym sa...

Aha, thanks, or "tack" in Swedish. lol, it´s my silly week.