fredag 4 juli 2008

Chongwenmen revisited


I walked a lot today, halfway to Chongwenmen, where we stayed in 2006 (and 2007 though I was not on that trip, so it don't count!)
I took the subway the rest and strolled around a bit.
Funny how it looks so totally different now. If I didn't know exacty where I was I would never have recognized the area. The supermarket is still there, and a couple of other shops, but maybe 99% of the shops and restaurants are new.
For some reason, the guard wouldn't let me in, or maybe he just asked me something that didn't matter. Didn't matter much, since it was the area around the block that I was interested in seeing again.

A short video showing the intersection between the street right outside of the appartments and the street to the subway station. It starts (and ends) in the direction towards the subway station.


This is from right outside the block where we lived. It starts showing the place where there was a pool hall in 2006.


This is showing the area where Aussimate's favorite restaurant used to be (on the other side of the ring road, for those who never went there with him). Sadly it seems not to be there anymore. Would have been fun to see that waitress again, who once made Kevin terribly mad when she said he was handsome or something similar right after he had told her that he was a married man.

After that I walked all the way to the "scientific" bridge to check out the market where I and Jesper bought stuff (I don't remember if any others ever went there) and on the way back I went into the Japanese Go Club "The World of Weiqi".
They had more equipment now and also some other stuff.
(Mostly) men's jewlery stuff. Dont know what it's called in English but stuff to, like to hold your tie in place and buttons for a tuxedo etc.
Fans with, I suppose, pro signatures.Not that obvious, but there are glass walls preventing people to access the rails in the new subway line.

Maybe I ought to say something more, but I don't know if i dare. This post has been interrupted so many times allready. Oh well, here goes

Inga kommentarer: