söndag 29 juni 2008

Taxi ride (not as crazy as I had expected) etc

There was supposed to be a video here from the day before yesterday, when we went to the forbidden city. Actually, I didn't go there since I've seen it before, but I went in the same cab and did some shopping instead.
I had to cut the video into smaller parts to be able to transfer it from my camera to the PC and now I don's seem to be able to upload the pieces to blogspot. Oh well.

Yesterday, I and Carlos went for a Go market.
I don't think we found it, but we did find a place that were selling Go stuff. I was a bit hung over, so I didn't buy anything but it was fun.
Later we went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate Rune's birthday. Meiying brought two friends (cute, of course) and Jonas brought his brother and a friend, so it was a bit hard to fit everybody around the table.
The food was not that good, but the prices were high. One dish had tiny fish in it, Su Yang thought they were sprouts until I showed him the eyes.

Today, I've been walking around in the neighbourhood a bit, on the other side of the mall I found a neat area with a small market and some restaurants and shops. It's funny how next to really modern, and allmost sterile blocks there usually is a block with old one-storey buildings and really cool little shops and restaurants. Looks like you suddenly are in some small village.

Seems it's gonna take some time for the video(s) to upload (I really should learn how the camera works) so I may as well continue writing, allthough I don't really have anything to say.

It's funny how I allways want to move to Beijing for good every time I'm here, even this year, with the crappy weather, I really really like it here.
I've been looking a bit on prices for appartments and it seems that the cheapest ones go for around €90 000. That is in this area, which supposedly is a bit expensive. If prices drops after the Olympic games (and I believe they will) I may very well buy one, that would be soo cool :-)
Well, maybe I won't do that, but it still would be awesome.

Oh and Chinese girls are simply tooo beautiful, especially those wearing a uniform.

Inga kommentarer: