onsdag 30 april 2008

Old drawings (and one new)

I decided to scan some old stuff...

Possibly my first try at making a comic. I don't recall when I drew it, but I remember I got the main character's name "Tex" from a Lucky Luke album. Not long after that, I discovered Tex Willer and maybe that was why I didn't continue with more episodes...
Age: ?

I remember I was home from school with a cold when I drew this self portrait, with help from a hand held mirror I put beside the paper.
You can see my stabismus ("skelning" in Swedish), which I still have (or do you say "suffer from"?) when I am tired, anyhow I was always good at copying images and not assuming things to look a certain way.
Age: 12 years old.

From a photo of the Swedish Navy ship "HMS Gladan".
Age: 15 years old.

A quick try to make a caricature of the Swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.
Age 40 years old.

So the conclusion could be: Just because you have a talent you still must work hard if you want to become good at a thing like drawing. I have been drawing on and off all my life, but always when I start after not having done it for a couple of years it looks like crap.
I hope to be able to post something better-looking in the future. :-)

Inga kommentarer: